Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Out with the boys...

Lydia arrived back in PP for a week before she was allowed to go back to NZ, she had two slipped discs in her back and had to have surgery to replace them with screws, so we thought while she was in PP it would be cool to get a van load of people up to see her before she had to go home.

This is everyone that went up, she was fortunate enough to have her insurance put her up in the sunway hotel which is a very nice place to stay indeed, and we all got to hang out and eat pizza and say goodbye there which was awesome.

The other thing that happened was my friends who have been nicknamed the ‘IT boys’ because they study IT at uni, went up a day earlier and took me out on the saturday night before, we went to a place called SPARC which is a nightclub pretty much for khmer people but had such a blast.

This is just in the car before we got to SPARC

Then back in Svay Rieng I convinced the IT boys to take me out again because I wanted to see some monkeys, so we visited 3 pagodas but didnt see any monkeys. This is us on the road out there... 3 motos 7 people, thats smooch (nicknamed because he couldn’t say smoothie!) and rathana on the first moto and sambath, reangsey and pisey on the second then I rode with sothun.

This is us at Wat Chi-reang, Me, Sothun, Sambath and Smooch.

And Pisey, Rathana, Reangsey and Sothun. Pisey is the one who has been paramountly helpful in fixing my computer here as I discovered it was riddled with viruses, mainly from the inet cafe. But he’s fixed it all up now and taught me how to make movies some Im working on some new projects at the moment.


And Pisey and Sambath again.



So that just about brings me up to date with now, unfortunately I am sad to report that 2 of my baby chickens are no longer. However my cat albeit 3 years old has two girlfriends one of which is definitely pregnant! Hopefully I will be around for when she has kittens does anyone know how long cats are pregnant for?

As for work, I have taken on the library project once again, but have some volunteers from the university to work with now, so although its not really up my alley its something to do. Until the countdown of coming home 5 weeks more work finishes and 8 weeks of 2 months and I’ll be home! Looking forward to seeing everyone, still not sure what the plan is when I get home yet, save that for another chapter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cat's gestation period is about nine weeks, plus or minus a few days. Easy to remember as human gestation is 9 months. See you soon - Dad xox

Miss Jackson said...

so good to chat chat chat last night, can't wait for summer fun!

just rang up new cops, the guy said they won't be getting any 2008 dates until the 2nd or 3rd week of December, so I'll find out then for you.

x

ps. enjoy the 25c coffees while you can!