Friday, September 21, 2007

Party time in Svay Rieng!

Party was on Sunday 16th September from 3-9 (although it ended up being 12ish!) Had many people turn up which was great, anna and friends from PP, my family and all the friends in Svay Rieng... although, it was also sad because my flatmates Chris and Carrie have decided to start travelling early and so are leaving, this is a photo of me and Carrie at my party.


And with my Khmer mum (landlady) who not so many words are exchanged but she always pats my bum or tugs on my fat rolls so I think we are pretty close! Awesome family to have stumbled into however!


And some of my friends in SR, these are all IT boys at the university, we always go out “dar-leng’ (translate walk – play or visiting) together eat some yummy khmer food or just hang out its nice to have a bunch of guys who are just cool to chill with and laugh a lot! So that’s awesome although the $90 or so odd dollars I spent on beer helped!


And me and Kimheab one of my first friends in SR, day one boy!



And my brother Rina! who is usually way to cool for me, never talks, and sometimes when I drive past turns his head the other way, but at my bday he actually talked and had photos with me! A huge milestone I think!

So for the bday rented huge speakers which blarred Khmer and some random english music I had never heard, but it was good times, also a party wouldn’t be complete without a cake! so at cake time, i had to light all 22 candles, and then they popped a firecracker and lit sparklers to sing me happy birthday with, then I had to answer a game show and cut the cake and give to special people! It was all so Khmer!


This is Borey, who has an amazing personality and is so super funny, just comes up with the best facials all the time and we can just hang out for hours and do nothing its great!


These are two of the IT boys I’ve become friends with, this is Ratana.


...and bun thoeun, aka smooch, because when we were trying to get them to pronounce the word smoothie all that could come out of his mouth was smoochie so poor boy got a new nickname!




Just some more of the boys a bit later in the night after a bit more alcohol had been consumed!


And the mandatory present giving photo taking, this me and Sothun... in terms of presents I got so many dinky photo frames and a few wooden toy things a couple of towels some super cute shoes and scarves, skirts and wallets, it was really cool just had so many presents to open!


This is a family that I have become close with in Svay Rieng, Thida, the made up girl next to me speaks excellent English and her mother on the other side of me, sells material at the market so they have been really helpful and awesome to know in SR!


And a bit of dancing around a table with a plant on it... not too sure of the significance but have been assured its a khmer thing! had probably around 75 people at the party, so as a blast!


And my two beautiful flatties that have just gone! I will miss them super much and wish them all the best on their travels! couldn’t have asked for better people to live with me!




These are the girls of Svay Rieng I have become friends with, all a little younger than me, but can speak English and are not yet married so we can hang out! Yay....

This is Marady, Thida, Sokha and Bee.


A little rowdier later in the night! My two brothers, Kimheab and Pilot, lifting Chris up!


And another group shot...... until finally the end!


ME!




Hope you all enjoy these! and thanks again everyone for your birthday wishes.... will be seeing you all soon! :)

No comments: