Monday, September 03, 2007

Comings and Goings

So rather a lot has happened since last time I wrote, the most significant thing perhaps was I unfortunately crashed the REDA moto. I was driving along, with Diane (an FPAID donor for REDA) on the back of the bike, and turned away for a second, in which time the moto in front of me stopped, I slammed on the anchors but didn't make it in time so crashed into the back of them.

No one seriously injured luckily, I was the worst with a nasty burn on my foot and a graze up my leg and on my knee, so a few trips up and back from PP, and I am now right as rain, except with an ugly scar on my foot! - Cambodia souvineer I guess!

Also my digi camera has died completely, hence no photos this time, but never fear because I just recently got a new one, bought by mum thanks mum! The other interesting thing is that a friend Lydia (also a kiwi) and I booked a much needed trip to Malaysia and so have now been here for 4 days, and have another 5 to go.

Its been awesome! So far have travelled Kuala Lumpur, an amazing metropolis thats just buzzing with excitement, and stimulating everythings to look at and see and do! It was crazy we arrived on Meredeka, which is Malaysian Independence Day 50th I might add, and so accomodation all booked out and people and shows everywhere it was so much fun! We also visited the Petronas towers and shopped in the HUGE mall, so great!

Then we bussed up to Penang, where we checked out the town ate yummy Italian food, and today went up Penang Hill and I held a snake! a constrictor and got a photo - there will be one up soon! Many more adventures tomorrow and the rest of the week, plus more trips to Little India for yummy vegeterian curries and Chappati's etc etc!

Strangely enough miss Cambodia a lot though! Work has been a bit rough going lately, but I just cant wait to get back home...

Two interesting things happening back in NZ now is Happy Father's Day Dad! and Happy Birthday too! But especially Congratulations to John and Ya-yoi who will be married on the 7th! I wish you all the best from over here and Im sorry I cant be there!

So photos soon! take care all
love me

No comments: