Monday, July 23, 2007

Hello again, it’s been a while

Phnom Penh, is a beautiful big bustling city with approximately 2 million people inhabiting it, this photo is taken from the bridge looking south down the Mekong River when Anna Michael and I were doing a 2 bike 1 run stint about 5 kms out of town to the pool…. Definitely worth it, when temperatures are still hitting 40’s and def sticking around the 30’s!

In fact it has started to rain, this is short relief as it rains for around an hour or two a day, I mean really pours down, then stops out comes the sun, the bullfrogs (making a croak like a rusty tuba) and up go the humidity levels! So you go from not only being hot but hot and wet coz you happen to be sweating like a pig!

However as you can see we made it to the pool, this pool is amazing it belongs to a friend Anna and I made Guillaume Prevost, he is the French economic diplomat to Cambodia, him and his family have been amazingly nice and very generous to both Anna and I.


Sorry not to have updated my blog for so long, things have been hectic in Svay Rieng as you will see through the next photos!… Thanks all for keeping in touch and your continued support through blog comments, emails, texts and letters makes it so much easier here! – Except for the other day when I got my cousin John and Yayoi’s invite to their wedding which made me so home sick I cried for a whole half a day!


In other news my flatmates Chris and Carrie from England are working out great I couldn’t have asked to live with anyone better! Chris’s mum just arrived from the UK so they are off adventuring Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) and Kampong Saom (the beach) at the moment so I hope you guys have a great time!

And probably the most exciting thing to hit Cambodia is the fact that Jeremy is arriving tomorrow! I’m amped we’re going to have such a great time I feel totally amazingly lucky I have such a great guy to fly half way across the world for me! I’ll chuck up some photos of our adventures soon also!

Xx love fi!

PS: This seriously is an essay, I apologise but seeing as have left it so long seems I have a lot to say! Apologies now.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Well Fi, what an impressive essay. Love your pictures too,looks like you are having a great time.
How long are you still going to be there - or is this an open ended thing?

Would love to come and visit, unfortunately the ship is not heading that way for at least another half year... Sometime I will manage.
Love
Alex