Saturday, January 17, 2009

South Korea - Welcome to winter

Arrived in South Korea, only to land from 30 degree weather in Cambodia, to be told by the captain well folks its a chilly -5 outside this morning! Waaahat? crazy! Snow on the ground, wind chilly as, I quickly found my bus, and settled done for a snooze.. this was not to be unfortunately as an awesome indian guy jumped on next to me and insisted on chatting the first 2 1/2 hours!

Eventually I made it to Daegu, and met up with Ed, who insisted this was the first time it had snowed like this... but I think really he just never got up before 3pm to know!!! First thing we did was set out on a walk to a lake just behind ed`s house, it was nearly completely frozen over, and the wind chill so cold my lips got stuck together and started bleeding when I tore them apart :(

Luckily ed`s neighbour lent me his big wooly jacket and Daph from Cambo lent me a ski jacket so I at least had something!

That night while ed was at school, he teaches between 4pm and 10pm, I had a quick snooze and then after work we all went out for beer... not just any beer though this is a yard glass of beer! With a refridgerated table to put it in and a built in drinking game.. hit the button and wher the light lands you drink.. pretty simple until you`ve had a couple of thos yard glasses!

Also a breathalyser... normal with ~~ eyes.... drunk with ^^ eyes... and danger with @@ eyes! Ed blew danger staright away!



So with all of us at danger stage we hit the kareoke!....














No comments: