Saturday, January 24, 2009

It looks like asia, it feels like asia but it`s not....

Its Japan.. and its expensive! Arrived here at 1pm today and went to withdraw some $$$, how much for 1 day I wonder... 10,000Y around $230 NZ sounds do~able in fact sounds like a lot... the smallest amount the machine gives out is a 10,000! Imagine that in NZ, no no 20`s 2day only 200!

Armed with my 10g`s I jump on the subway to my guesthouse, and in between lunch, accomodation, dinner and a little frivalous spending, 7,500 gone! nearly 180 NZ! Cant beleive it, inet at airport $15 per hour! Wow... this is not the asia I know!

My guesthouse is $50 per night, dorm room share with 5 other females, I have the floor mattress, next to the window, its a little cold, the place lacks decent heating but does have a warm shower, only $7 to borrow a towel! haha Not to matter though its not full!

Head out to find somewhere to eat, apart from your standard convenience stores on eevry corner all I can ssem to find is Diana love shack, and Be mine beer house... hmm wondering exactly whih part of town I had gotten myself into I find a cute little place with yum pictures outside, rock on in...KONICHIWA... blank faces.. well not exactly, but it was a korean restaurant!

Just where I`ve come from! Never mind food was great, people lovely and I could practice my korean... which is coming along nicely! However we had a misunderstanding at the hot drink stage, I guess hit chocolattu didn`t get thru instead i got a strong black coffee! Doh just when I was wanting to sleep!

Never mind, it has given me a little inspiration to write this and now im off to bed, up early to wander to a temple and get lost somewehere in tokyo, before hitting a plane to OZ...

Am definately looking forward to being home, travelling has worn me out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, sweetie....YES, Japan is for the well-heeled - but still fascinating in its own right - and your blog takes me right back!!! So wish I was there - do take advantage of the subway to get around, and go to Shinjuku at night for the lights etc - bit like Times Square, but much safer! and visit (and photo) the shrines/temples (free) - the one honouring the war dead (cant remember its name) was close to where I used to live for 4 years! Enjoy - and cant wait to have you home again too - keep snapping photos! xx mum