Thursday, January 08, 2009

The New Year, welcome 2009.

Making my way out of Thailand caught this huge boat with loads of people on it and tried to sit up the front to watch the movie or at least not get the rocking motion, unfortunately this did not work so well!

But made it onto the luxury bus... where the seats recline 2 inches further than the standard bus and it is a requirement to provide you with blankets as they blast the air con at 15 degrees, and drive through the night arriving BKK at 4.30am! on jan 30... wondering if they would charge me for 2 nights me and a fellow traveller set off into night to look for open guesthouses, all were full, or very $$$! So we settled on one, that was going to charge us for 2 nights, or make us wait until 6am check in, but after some gentle persuasion, 1 night agreed upon and i threw myself into bed with a nasty cold!

Next day had no dramas at airport and flew back to Cambo, where I cleared immigration no problem and fought of the vulture taxi drivers, hopped on a moto and went and met daphne for new years eve! Alas arrived at the hotel only to have the price of my moto ride significantly increased! oooo I was so angry, didnt pay and stormed upstairs!

Daph and I went and grabbed dinner, and settled in for the night watching the pirates of the carribean trilogy, until i fell asleep at 10pm! So missed welcoming in the new year, but had an enjoyable night all the same.

Back down in Svay Rieng, been trying to quickly tie up loose ends and see everyone before I leave, a new restauarant had started up so I met up with Terri and her boyfriend but (pronounced like it would rhyme with put) for dinner, as well as heading out with my IT friends and watching copious quantities of dvd's with daph, reading lots of great books and booked my flights to korea, japan and back to nz! Because Im flying standby still not exactly sure of my return date yet.

And then....  the worst day ever.....

I decided that it was time to get a haircut, its that much cheaper here and i know a lady who does it and should be pretty good.

When I arrive at the hairdresser, she wasnt there, and so I settled on just a wash, but she arrived and I thought I would explain to the other lady exactly what I wanted... "just a little... a tiny bit off the end please oh and please shape around my face..." 

Sweet as it was that easy, she starts combing it down, and then picks up a fine tooth comb with unbeknown to me a razor! CHOP from my eyebrow length down to the very back of my head, I now have a short fringe and a pointy feathery type layering style all down my head! Chop goes the other side, I burst into tears, tell her to stop. and leave.

This is the result, it dries, curls and poofs up everywhere! - something straight out of the 80's!

On closer inspection of my fringe and my straightening irons out I am able to see the extent of the bad cut, and exactly how uneven it is!

With a few bobby pins and many hours later, I realise that I will just have to make the worst of a bad situation!


Immediately after I got home i needed a distraction, so grabbed my xmas present, my skipping rope and did 1552 skips! and have been paying for it with seized up calf muscles ever since.

So the next little while consists of preparing myself to leave in 4 days time, buying presents and updating blog!

Also have a special mention for Miss Caroline Jackson, and her winning the young designers award, Congratulations!

And on a sadder note, RIP Jim Ertel, much loved father of two very good friends of mine, David and Emma and their brothers. Also best friend of Chris, my nearly father. Best wishes to the family and friends and everyone involved.

Love and Kisses 

Fiona

No comments: