Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Other exciting things....

I had been wanting for ages to ride a buffalo and my friend Pilot found a gentle buffalo for me to have a turn on! It was so much fun, buffalo’s have a very thick oily skin and then are covered with very coarse bristly hairs, and they are so fat! But I think that’s why they are easy to ride because you have a large space to plant your bum and then they don’t move about so much when they walk.

Dad when you arrive this is one of the first things I’ve organised! :)



Just last week there was a holiday called Pchum Ben, it is where all family members return to their homelands and go and visit the pagoda to give food and offerings to their dead ancestors. I was lucky enough to be invited by my friend Somany to go with her and visit the pagodas in fact I think I went to 8! Of course you have to dress up in trad khmer clothes!

However I realised when I was there that actually it was a very family time so made me seriously miss NZ, but its not long til Im back now and that is why it was so important to sort things out at work because its hard being here and not having anything to do and be homesick!



The other very exciting thing is that after I had to endure my khmer family telling me off for not getting my chicken a rooster and me saying I dont want one all it will do is wake me up in the morning and theres one next door anyway! My chicken finally had babies! there were 8 eggs and 5 hatched so I am now the proud owner of 5 baby chics! Its pretty difficult to get photos as mum is very protective but heres a couple I managed to snap!



2 comments:

Steve Southall said...

Cool - how long does it take to get to PP on one of those things? Can I trade up to a moto if it's not going fast enough?!

See you soon - Dad xox

Fiona said...

Well a buffalo travels at approximately 10 steps to every 5 minutes, not yet counted the steps to PP, but why would you want to go by moto a buffalo is the experience and better for the environment!